A dozen amazing things that were unimaginable when I was a little kid:
• A human-made camera in orbit around Saturn, taking a photo of the earth.
• A Black President in the White House.
• A woman as Secretary of State.
• A woman in charge of the Fed.
• A woman as CEO of a company she didn’t start herself.
• Every car equipped with seat belts and air bags.
• Cars that run upwards of 100,000 miles.
• Mobile phones that function as tiny computers and cameras
• Solar panels that actually work.
• The Colorado River threatening to run dry, depicted in an eye-popping graphic.
• Open-source classical music you can access or download free of charge — as digitized music or as scores.
• Fifteen percent of Americans on food stamps.
Image: Earth-moon system as seen from Saturn. NASA. Public domain.