As if Dr. Frankenstein plugged in the electric cord… Or maybe whatever parasites were making me sick fell over dead in their legions, like the ailing Martians in War of the Worlds. Suddenly today I felt well enough and had enough energy to confront and conquer a slew tasks that have gone undone for the past six weeks, sitting there and slowly expanding in the manner of mold at the back of the fridge.
Yes. Done today:
• Walk the dogs
• Clean and backwash the pool
• Repair the runners on the outdoor rocking chairs (again)
• Glue busted things on said chairs and the metal chairs in front
• Write a blog post
• Do battle trying to post a link on annoying Facebook
• Do battle with Cox, whose $150 modem-router-in-one does nothing to improve the connectivity issue; get them to agree to send another guy to try to fix whatever the problem is
• Trim mesquite tree, Luis having fled to Mexico
• Cut back the shrubbery around the pool so as to make it possible to clean the pool
• Haul pile of debris to alley
• Clean out the refrigerator(!!)
• Drag plastic trashcan full of garbage to the alley
• Clean out the freezer (one of them)
• Drag another mountain of trash to garbage
• Run emptied containers through the dishwasher
• Launder clothes; hang up to dry
• Wash fancy Ziploc plastic bags; hang up to dry
• Enter data from bank in Excel
• Negotiate with potential new client: 12,000 words of Chinglish in 5 days??? Seriously?
• Iron clothes
• Find lost document, re-send to client
• Even write a few words on the proposed new novel
It’s weird. Because every day for the past six weeks or so, along about two in the afternoon I’ve submerged beneath a wave of fatigue: abruptly, as if at a signal, so tired all I could do was crawl into the sack. Today I’ve been flying like a Roman candle since I got up at 5:30.
Oh well. Enough’s enough.