1. Make one day this week a no-purchase day. For a whole day, refrain from buying one thing, not even gas for your car.
2. Hold the Starbucks! Brew your own coffee before you leave the house. Want a sweet roll for breakfast? Buy a few at a bakery, bring them home, and enjoy one with your coffee.
3. Pay $10 toward the principal on a debt. If you don’t have a debt, put in in savings. If you already have a Roth IRA, put it there.
4. Divide your monthly budget into four “cycles” of about one week each. Try keeping within a weekly instead of a monthly budget.
5. Take your lunch to work at least two days this week.
Like the results? Repeat!